UVWS Code of Conduct
The Upper Valley Whisky Society assists whisky enthusiasts in achieving a balanced and responsible relationship with alcohol, whisky in particular.
While we are a pretty informal group, we expect our members to adhere to a few simple rules:
- Members must be at least 21 years of age, that’s the law.
- UVWS enthusiasts are all equal; the Society will not tolerate any form of discrimination, be it racial, nationalistic, gender-oriented, or religious. Neither will we tolerate whisky snobbery whether you consider yourself a whisky novice, enthusiast, aficionado, or connoisseur.
- All members and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is courteous, considerate, respectful, and reflective of personal integrity, and goodwill.
- We gather to enhance our appreciation of whisky, its history, culture, and taste, not to become inebriated.
- Members look out for other members. UVWS events are gregarious and educational gatherings. If you feel impaired, do not attempt to drive, we will get you home safely.