This is the second addition to the ‘Spot’ range of Irish whiskeys, which contains the famous Green Spot Pot Still Whiskey. The Yellow Spot is a single pot still Irish whiskey which has been matured in three types of cask: American bourbon cask, Spanish Sherry butts and Spanish Malaga casks for a sweeter flavour.
Yellow Spot 12 year old
Producer: Midleton Distillery for Mitchell & Son of Dublin, Ireland
Origin: Cork, Ireland
Price Range: $$$$
- Gold – Irish Whiskey – 2014, Wizards of Whisky Awards
- Gold Outstanding – Irish Whiskey – Single Pot Still – 2013, International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold – Irish Single Pot Still – Super-Premium – 2019, The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold – Irish Single Pot Still – 2013, The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Bronze – Irish Pot Still Whiskey 12 Years and Under – 2014, World Whiskies Awards
- Bronze – Premium – 2013, Malt Maniacs Awards
- Silver – Irish Whiskey – Single Pot Still – 2014, International Wine & Spirit Competition
Tasting Notes —
(by The Chaps at Master of Malt)
Nose: There are masses of fleshy stone fruit on the nose, especially peach and apricot with hints of sherried dried fruit and Bourbon cask vanilla.
Palette: The palate is equally fruity with a substantial body and a velvety texture.
$$$$$ = Greater than $100
$$$$ = $80 – 100
$$$ = $50 – 80
$$ = $30 – 50
$ = Less than $30